Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Aldi LED lamps

On 26/03/2014 17:53, PeterC wrote:
On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:14:08 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:

Martin Brown wrote:

First half decent LED lamp I ended up with was an end of line
remaindered model from Aldi/Lidl discounted to £10 for a brace.

I was a bit surprised to see when I visited IKEA recently
that the LED "candle bulbs" were slightly less efficient,
in lumens per watt, that the more standard energy-saving bulbs.

Yes - and quote 20,000 hours when most others are 26 - 30kh.

Last time Aldi had LED lamps I went there the day fter and there were loads
of SBC, ES and SES but no BC. When will they admit that the UK still has
mainly BC?

They are a continental company. I agree it is odd, but it works to my
benefit since I get to buy up the remaindered non-BC stuff.

A helpful IkeaDroid said she'd mention a suggestion of stocking adaptors (I
emphasised good quality, minimal extra lenght and clearance for 'shoulder'
and also said that there was talk of adaptors being possible anyway.

I don't much like adaptors in permanent light fittings.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown