Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Garage door opener and wall switch not working

On 3/26/14, 12:15 AM, Hilbert wrote:
Hi, my 15-year old garage door is not working: I tried different things, but it is not responding to either remote control or the button on the wall, though the light in the opener blinks.

Does anyone know what is going on? Would it be worth asking a service man to come check it out, or it is actually worth just replacing it with a new one?

Thanks a lot!

On our opener, the blinking light means the photo sensors at the
bottom of the tracks are malfunctioning, usually just because they got
knocked out of alignment with each other.