Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default water leak detection and shut off

I have seen two basic types:

1. place water detectors near water heater, washer, etc.

OR

2. monitor water flow into the house for unusual, constant flow.

I like the idea of the second type, as that would shut off the house water
if a toilet goes leaking. Here is this type that I have found:
http://www.flologic.com/

I am not a shill for this company, but wonder if anyone has any experience
with it. It seems expensive ($1,500.00 if I recall). I have not found any
reviews on line, and wonder if it is reliable. I would want such a device
to just work for 25 years, no fuss, no muss. I don't want a lot of
repairs/replacements.

Any competitors for design type #2?