Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Grounding An Electrical Service Panel

trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, March 24, 2014 7:43:57 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On 3/24/2014 4:24 PM, wrote:

....snip...

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps7cef4247.jpg

In the pic of the panel you have three ground wires identified.
One goes to the water service pipe. One goes to the water pipe in
the house. Where does the third one go?

Actually, I only have 2 grounds identified, but I can see where the
confusion might come from.

If you read the 2 text boxes related to the "bare ground wire" the upper
one says that the ground wire that is attached to pipe above the panel
"runs behind the joist" and the middle text box says that the bare ground
wire "emerges from behind the joist".

That is the same ground wire.