Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Flight MH370 disaster - new theory (asphyxia - air problems)

On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:36:19 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:
"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message "Robert Green"

wrote:

stuff snipped

I wonder how much is sunk costs

Oh, I hadn't notice that groaning pun before! (-:

As much as it pains me to admit this on lose a little respect from

you on my prowess with verbiage, I hadn't noticed the pun before either.

A subconscious "submarine" pun. Hmm.

and how much is marginal. Some of this

could also be used as training for some of the specialties.

We've got commercial ships joining in now - we've gone well into the

marginal costs - the question is who typically pays them? I haven't

been

able to find as much information about that as I thought I might. The

AirFrance crash had duelling deep pockets, with AF and Airbus each

paying to

look for evidence that the other was "on the hook" for the crash.

Probably the same here. Although I also have to wonder about whether

the airlines and makers have sorta come to the conclusion that there is

NO liability for either until it is found. Sorta like trying to convict

for murder without a body OR evidence.

Oh, they've convicted people of murder without a body before. People v.

Scott. It's messy, but it can be done. Boeing would certainly love the

outcome to be a hijacking rather than any on-board mechanical defect. Air

Malaysia, not so much because a hijacking means they were asleep at the

switch and allowed hijackers to board the plane. Probably by NOT checking

their luggage just as thoroughly as they failed to check for stolen

passports.

But it's all pure speculation until (if ever) the wreckage is found. The

time on the pingers is running out, too. All we've really learned so far is

what I mentioned weeks ago - the ocean is just chock full of garbage big

enough to be pieces of a downed jet. This really is a technological "fail"

as bad as any we've seen in recent years.

The crazy thing here is that if the ocean is chock full of garbage,
they can't even find that. For about a week now it's been a satellite
or plane spots some big object, but later when someone finally gets
there or the plane returns, they can't find it again. I haven't heard
about them finding a single thing in the search area that they thought
could have been from the plane, but isn't. It's just that they can't
find anything and poor weather isn't helping.