Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default OT anybody know the 'light bulb' in this microwave?

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:06:44 -0700, Sofa Slug
wrote:

On 3/18/2014 7:30 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
reply snipped

So far, your description is the closest to a step by step. Thanks for
the 'heads up' on metal fingers. Still wish there was a definitive step
by step I could follow, including having that bulb before starting. so,
know what getting into.

http://www.wikihow.com/Replace-a-Microwave-Lightbulb
http://www.ehow.com/how_2153363_replace-microwave-lightbulb.html

PERFECT! Thanks! You can't believe how closely that compares to the one I
have to take apart.

ARRRGG!!! pictures filling in, dragging down PC while pix coming in. Then
back and forth, the pictures go blank and fill in again ?! and, worst,
longer blank then viewable! After twenty mintues, some pix already seen
have disappeared and started filling in again. No idea, but is ok I get to
see the pix at least once or twice as they go by.

And importantly, the pix make it obvious this is not going to be rocket
science and should be doable over less than an hour of time. Gvien enough
time all the pics came in, looks simple, don't see any 'gotcha's.