Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default multiple projects

On Saturday, March 22, 2014 2:38:55 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:
How many of you work on multiple projects at once?

For paying customers (upholstery hobby), I work on one project at a time.

Most of my other projects are mine or are hobby related, for others, and there are many in progress. They get done, when they get done. A pretty girl's project may get priority, for finishing sooner, than later. If she brings banana pudding or boudin, I'll ask if there anything else she wants done.

When the kids show interest in something (few hours or a one-day project), I'll zero in on teaching them, getting them involved. If WE don't finish a project, I'll finish it and mail or bring it to them, later.... as presently with an "S" design something (cartoon character something) that a 3rd grader wanted to make. We didn't finish it, when he was visiting, so I'll mail it to him, along with a wooden cross (prie dieu application prototype) he found on a work table and liked. *He once told me he wants my bottle collection (which includes lamps and pottery, also), when I die. He's likely to get it, too, since no one else has ever commented on, or showed interest in, those items, as he repeatedly does. His particular interest seems beyond his 3rd grade level.

In my case, some projects lead to others, so there's always something, multiple items, in the works.

Sonny