Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Converting a 200W discharge lamp video projector to LED

On 24/03/2014 07:10, wrote:
any more on this? any luck?
would love some pics to see the progress

It had enough light for domestic use but not enough for more than 2m
diagonal. I got the 60 or so LEDs and lenses for a Mark 2 version but
have been inundated with other work. And as have repaired a number of
600x800 vid projs along the way, I'm not desparate to get the HD one
working. The use tends to be just for projecting bullet-point script anyway.
I assume you've seen the pics URL'd here. Single compound LED built
around a 5 inch ball valve float. Mark2 would be 19-1 built around small
christmas bauble as basis. The central lens not having an LED but used
to pass light from a similar cluster behind it which also has a cluster
behind it. As long as the light falls in the well of one of those lenses
then its collimated to about 3x3mm focus, ie within the light tunnel
entry aperture