Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default OT anybody know the 'light bulb' in this microwave?

RobertMacy wrote:
On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 09:21:14 -0700, Cydrome Leader
wrote:

...snip....

the last MOs I ripped open had real bulbs in real screw sockets, but they
were taped in to prevent them from rattling out. The base is the the size
one up from a 7 watt nightlight bulb, and seems similar to a sewing
machine bulb.
...snip...

Excellent! What brand was it?

I have no idea anymore, but it wasn't made by the company name on the
front of the unit. Most microwaves come from one company in china these
days and they just brand them like a keychain or a pen.

Anyways, I just measured the bulb and it's a T7 rated 20 watts. You'll see
the exact same bulb in the man's hand in this video:

http://www.bulbtown.com/20T7_C_130V_...SE_p/03662.htm

The bulb I have says MD120V/20W G1. The same flanged black plastic housing
is listed with all the other used (just look at the color of the glass)
"microwave bulbs" on ebay.

The craziest tool I've ever seen needed to open a microwave is a torx
driver, usually for one screw on the cover.