Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default drill bit sets, quality, prices???

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 09:47:14 -0400, Boris Mohar
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 17:19:55 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

As a newby I don't know where to buy drill bit sets.
I want high precision, no bits that give me a .190 hole from a .186 drill bit; and not a 123 hole from a .125 bit either.

On EBAY I foudn 12 piece sets for $8.95 (from China probably), but when I search other sources the same type of sets are around $350.
Any suggestions?
alofsax

Not this one
http://www.viatrack.ca/Misc/DRILBIT.jpg

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see:
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs (among other things) http://www.viatrack.ca

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

---

Back in my apprenticeship days a "wagon jobber" came by the shop
selling some newfangled drill bit that was supposed to be able to
drill through files and springs, and do all kinds of other impossible
jobs. Very expensive. My boss was generally a real cheap-ass, but he
fell for this drill set.
The drills were a disaster.
When the jobber came by a few months later and hasked the boss what he
thought of the bits, he told the guy they were "great for drilling
arseholes in balsa-wood teddy bears".