Ali T. Borahan

Default Spindle-turning Long, Thin Wood: Update...

Hi Tim,

I made mine that large for three reasons: I figured that larger would mean
sturdier. I also expect that it will dampen/absorb more of the vibration.
Finally, I wanted something that was large enough to hold longer/larger
pieces so I could turn some really large, deep vases. Hence the size. I
would have made it even bigger if I could! )

--
Ali T. Borahan
AliSails - Fine Wood Artistry & Custom Woodcrafts

"Tim" wrote in message

Why does the steady need to be so large? If turning something over
three or four inches in diameter, will it not be steady enough on its on?