Posted to rec.woodworking

Default We Never Know

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 01:45:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 14:15:58 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

I'm the other way, un-employed and doing more and more at each job, for
less money. Jobs are short lived, and layoffs keep happening.
Also the terrain has changed, and those in charge are foriegn, and the
value is very skewed, they place more value in people who are quiet and
don't deal with problems, and don't voice them. Those that identify
prolbmes are themselves the problem.

A new world order.

If I had to deal with all of that, I'd be retired. I work for a small
company. My boss is the owner. He spends 3 months in Florida plus
some other trips. I've been there 24 years and with few exceptions,
everyone has been there for 10+ years and knows what to do. That
makes my job easy.

I now work[*] for a very large foreign company but in this case it's
the parent company that's been sick. The US operation is growing
steadily (we've at least doubled the number of employees since I
started 2-1/2 years ago) and we're getting far more autonomy because
of it. It's a great place to work but that's really my immediate
boss' fault. ;-)
[*] Retired from a F-10 company, after 30+ years, and then contracted
to a defense company (what an eye-opener) and worked for a small
company for a few.