Default Spindle-turning Long, Thin Wood: Update...

If you go over to Jean Michel's website, he has an example of what I am
referring to:

http://www.jeanmichel.org/steady.htm

Jean has a great site there, too. Lots of neat info and jigs to build.
Nice guy - also!

Best Regards - and keep those chips and ribbons flying,

Joe
" wrote in message
Nice Steady, Ali.

One possible, minor suggestion for improvement, might be to add guide

strips
to the sides of the steady arms.
This would guide the arm to the center, and keep the setup more rigid.
Should be a fairly easy modification to make, as well.

Just a thought..........

"Ali T. Borahan" wrote in message
Well, I've finally finished building the spindle/bowl-steady, and I have

say, it works just beautifully!!! Once again, thanks to all of you who
provided me with such excellent advice!!!

Pictures of the new tool may be viewed using the links below:
http://www.alisails.com/Bowl-Spindle_Steady0.jpg
http://www.alisails.com/Bowl-Spindle_Steady1.jpg
http://www.alisails.com/Bowl-Spindle_Steady2.jpg

Total Cost: About $25 versus $250 for the commercially made type. ;o)
Total Time invested: About 5 hours (including time-to-think/plan, not
including glue-drying time...).

Again, thanks all!

Ali T. Borahan
AliSails - Fine Wood Artistry & Custom Woodcrafts
Web URL: http://www.alisails.com

PS: Next project is to finish building my outboard (free-standing

platform
type) tool-rest. What can I say, I'm a do-it-yourselfer!!! )