Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default drill bit sets, quality, prices???

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 17:19:55 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

As a newby I don't know where to buy drill bit sets.
I want high precision, no bits that give me a .190 hole from a .186 drill bit; and not a 123 hole from a .125 bit either.

On EBAY I foudn 12 piece sets for $8.95 (from China probably), but when I search other sources the same type of sets are around $350.
Any suggestions?
alofsax

Twist drill are not considered precision hole making tools. If you
require precise holes then you need to start thinking of reaming,
boring, internal grinding, etc.
--
Cheers,

John B.