Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] quadzila@optonline.net is offline

Default What's Best Material for Carpet Runner in Wheelchair Users Home?

Hi,
I need to replace a 27" x 10' runner in my apartment as my old one is
shot. It held together pretty well considering I paid only a few
dollars a foot at Home Depot yrs ago. I use a heavy power wheelchair
and so need something sturdy w/a rubber backing. I saw the runners
listed below but on the 1st onelisted many reviews complained of lint
etc sticking to it and that even with a vacuum it was hard to clean
and recommend getting a neuteral color. Problem with that is the
runner is by my front door and my chairs tires can get very dirty
(even greasy) when I go out.

I'm wondering which of these runners do you feel would be least prone
to attracting lint, dirt etc. and is easiest to clean? To me the
second listed looks a little less fuzzy than the other and therefore
may not track as much lint? It also looks stronger.

Thanks in advance for all the info you can provide!

http://www.amazon.com/Skid-resistant...pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.com/Herco-Indoor-O...5430422&sr=1-5

http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Carpet... 5H0MP9110R52T