Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BobH[_5_] BobH[_5_] is offline

Default Thunderbird, transferring filters to new computer?

On 3/22/2014 11:52 AM, Jon Anderson wrote:
What file does Thunderbird use to store filters? And will simply copying
it to the appropriate folder on the new computer bring it into play? I
don't see any option to export, and I have a nicely tuned set of
filters on the old computer. Hate to have to start from scratch again...

Thanks,

Jon

The filters are in the newsgroup.dat files. I have moved them with no
issues in the past.

assume:
username = joe
nntp service provider foonly.com

Your filters will be in:

c:\Documents and Settings\joe\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\randomstuff.default\News \news.foonly.com\rec.crafts.metalworking.dat

This is assuming a default XP installation of Thunderbird. Windows 7
will stash them elsewhere.

Bob