Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default ohm meter battery

On 03/21/2014 5:34 AM, dave wrote:
On 03/20/2014 01:30 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
wrote in message

As much as I like keeping things original, I'm worried that
the battery is going to leak and rot the inside of the unit.

Only if you use a carbon-zinc cell. An alkaline cell should be fine.

Unless it's a Duracell!

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=leaky+duracell

My experience is either Duracell or Everready alkaline batteries will
leak. This is based on batteries that were stored in circuit in arcade
games (pinball and video) since 1980 that I subsequently opened,
serviced, serviced and then sold between 2004 and 2011.

Some leaked, most did not. I have lots of pictures...somewhere.

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com