Dave Plowman

Default Re-routing "pyro" electical power cables

In article ,
derek wrote:
I worked for an electrician during my summer holidays in 1963 and we
did some installations with "Pyro". He said the most difficult part of
it was getting the runs straight, although I remember some spectacular
cursing when the copper conductors work hardened and dropped off the
end when he'd already done a 20ft run and screwed the mains switch to
the wall.

At least with the old Pyro you could anneal it - not possible with the PVC
covered stuff.

I remember running risers into a house which was being converted into
high quality flats where the owner wanted them under the floor, and as we
pulled them through it got harder and harder as they work hardened.

--
*Few women admit their age; fewer men act it.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn