Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Four 575 Lumen recessed LEDs bright enough for bedroom?

On Saturday, March 22, 2014 12:57:51 AM UTC-4, Senin wrote:
I'm trying to choose LED recessed lights for my bedroom. The room has 8 foot ceiling and is 12' by 13'.

I have it narrowed down to three-

1- the 6" Cree with 625 Lumens

2- the 6" Ecosmart with 625 Lumens

3 the 4" Ecosmart with 575 Lumens

Obviously the 6 inchers throw off more light and I am supposing would be more than adequate.

But we prefer smaller 4 inch lights.

So the questions seem to be, would the 4" Ecosmart with 575 lumens be bright enough for the bedroom. I read lots of reviews that say that they are plenty bright and need to be dimmmed. I hope this is true. We like to read in the room and need light.

575 lumens is ~50W equivalent
625 is ~65W equivalent.

If it were me, I'd want something more like 85W equivalent.
The 625 might be OK, but I wouldn't go with the smaller one. With a dimmer
you can always turn them down. Too small, you can't turn them up.