Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gas check die set

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 13:43:30 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 3/19/2014 10:28 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Was it here I found the linkwhich I've lost , so ... to plans
for making a gas check cutter/former ? Seems to me that it could
either be used in a press or with a hammer with slight mods .

Factory made (store-bought) gas checks are so inexpensive I would not
waste my time
trying to make my own. Yet.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?dimensionids=5703

3.2 cents each PLUS shipping is hardly cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-Cal-Alumi...-/221315915797

http://freechex.net/

http://patmarlins.com/

http://www.castpics.net/subsite2/HowTo/MakingGC.pdf

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...as-check-maker

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...gas-checkmaker

Im almost done building my own.

Gunner

Saved the plans to make one . Just as soon as I finish up my boring head
and a set of indexable turnung tools for the lathe .
--
Snag