Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default OT "No Ethanol"

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 07:42:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

For those of us who try to use "no ethanol" gas for our small motor engines, we're being lied to and ripped off. At a visit to a small motor repair shop I was told that there is no such thing, it just has less than 10% ethanol. I researched and found that 5% or more is labeled "ethanol included" but less than 5% doesn't have to be noted. So at the next stop at a gas station with a "no ethanol" pump I asked if it was true. The manager showed me the invoice of his last gas delivery. It showed "4.97% alcohol" in the gas to the "no ethanol" tank. So the dealers interpretation of "no", and that alcohol & ethanol are different, is a total farce!

Most of our cars here in Brazil are a gasoline/ethanol mix.
You can mix the fuels in the tank and the electronics takes care of
the timing etc. Ethanol is much cheaper than gasoline, if you live
near the distilleries , like I do. Gasoline is probably cheaper in the
big urban centers.
All our ethanol is from sugar cane. Maize (corn) and wood are
far too expensive to work with.
HTH
[]'s
--