Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] RedAlt5@hotmail.com is offline

Default OT "No Ethanol"

On Friday, March 21, 2014 3:03:48 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/21/2014 11:28 AM, philo wrote:

When I found out how much energy is used to produce it I thought the

whole idea absurd.

Corn should be grown for eating and not for fuel.

I've checked a couple web sites, some say ethanol

is energy neutral "why bother, then?" and others

say it's a loss. My theory is loss, such as loss of

farm land, and farmer time.

--

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

Loss comes to small motor equipment also. It ruins rubber hoses and soft metal. For example, I have a ATV that had a ruined carburetor because of ethanol in the fuel. It could not be fixed because of the ruined metal around the needle valve where the fuel flows into the carb. A new carb from the dealer is $260, all because of the ethanol. And I was by far not the 1st one to experience that problem.