Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default OT "No Ethanol"

On Friday, March 21, 2014 4:03:48 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/21/2014 11:28 AM, philo wrote:

When I found out how much energy is used to produce it I thought the

whole idea absurd.

Corn should be grown for eating and not for fuel.

I've checked a couple web sites, some say ethanol

is energy neutral "why bother, then?" and others

say it's a loss. My theory is loss, such as loss of

farm land, and farmer time.

--

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

It can be a energy positive by creating ethanol from things other than corn, like grass, waste vegetable matter etc.

Years ago I had a bunch of trees trimmed and had them chipped. they were left in a big pile......

fermented creating alcohol. my knowledgable neighbor warned me to spread them out or they could catch on fire....

there are commercial operators trying to get this tech to work dependaby

another source is running coal fired power stations exhaust thru big tubes filled with water and algea, which grows great from the CO2 in the exhaust. This cuts CO2 emmisions by 1/2 and the algea is fermented into ethanol