Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default PING: George Herold

On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:47:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Greetings George,

I sent you an email but it bounced back. So I'm posting it here.

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:26:02 +0000, you wrote:

Greetings George,

I too have had trouble posting to news groups through google. Anyway,

I don't know if power continues to the board when the machine is

turned off. All power is removed when off but what if there are caps

on other boards keeping something on the suspect board running? I can

touch the board when running and have done so. Nothing feels warm. Not

the caps or the ICs. I have tried the freeze spray with no luck. But I

did not spray the caps. Can I test the caps without risking damage to

the ICs on the board? I have a DVOM with a cap testing function.

Eric

Hi Eric.. It's weird that my email bounced.

As someone said in antoher thread it would be a good idea to check the power supplies too. (When it's failed.)

George H.