Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] RedAlt5@hotmail.com is offline

Default OT "No Ethanol"

For those of us who try to use "no ethanol" gas for our small motor engines, we're being lied to and ripped off. At a visit to a small motor repair shop I was told that there is no such thing, it just has less than 10% ethanol. I researched and found that 5% or more is labeled "ethanol included" but less than 5% doesn't have to be noted. So at the next stop at a gas station with a "no ethanol" pump I asked if it was true. The manager showed me the invoice of his last gas delivery. It showed "4.97% alcohol" in the gas to the "no ethanol" tank. So the dealers interpretation of "no", and that alcohol & ethanol are different, is a total farce!