Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Update on the capability of my hydraulic press

"Ignoramus10422" wrote in
message ...
The maximum pressure, developed when the motor audibly stalls, is
around 1,500 PSI on the gauge.

I believe that the ram is designed to be used with my higher
pressures, as the hoses attached to it were 10,000 PSI hoses.

I do not want 10,000 PSI anything in my shop, however I do want
maybe
5,000 PSI or at least 3,000 PSI. I will, I guess, keep looking for a
more capable hydraulic unit. The plus of the unit I have now, is
that
it is 110v and easy to use.

You could add a 2-way valve and a manual pump to boost the pressure
after the motorized unit has taken up all the slack. At the minimum a
check valve in the powered pump's discharge would isolate it from the
higher manual pressure.

A fully manual 50 ton press isn't impossibly slow to operate.

I bought extra Porta-Power couplers to use the hand pump in several
places.
http://www.toolcentral.com/ecommerce.../product/25998

jsw