Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Touch lamps

On 3/20/2014 11:14 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:35:05 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 3/20/2014 3:02 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:19:53 -0400
Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

Over the years I have amassed a collection of a dozen or so touch lamps
that don't work. Some were cheap and some weren't, most donated some I
bought. I haven't looked at any of them but now I could use a few and
some are really quite nice. I was thinking of just putting an in-line
switch on the cord and direct wiring the bulbs unless there is a
cheap-easy fix and a common denominator problem. I don't even know how
they work other than it's body capacitance or such.

See if any of these repair kits help:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...lamp%22+repair

Ahaa!

If you can wait a month for shipping, they're under $2 apiece from
China, with free shipping. http://tinyurl.com/pbcuexw

--
The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most
likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often

Does the 220v label matter?