Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Replacing sink drain gasket?

grannie good witch
wrote in oups.com:

replying to postacct, grannie good witch wrote:
postacct wrote:

Anyone know of a website showing detailed step by step instructions
to guide someone with zero knowledge about this stuff on how to
replace the large sink-drain gasket that butts up against the bottom
of a kitchen sink? Water is leaking around the gasket which is
warped and separating from the bottom of the sink.
Thanks..

I have the same problem...nobody gives you a detailed list of tools.
Monkey wrench, slip wrench, locking pliers, slip joint pliers.....I am
a 67 yr. old fix-it yourself retired lady but the instructions on each
site say something different!!! I'm going to home depot with a
detailed drawing and hope for the best.

I'm going to home depot with a detailed drawing
and hope for the best.

You MAY need to hope for the best because the person in Home Decor & shades
was told to double cover plumbing. Standard thing for the Borgs to do.