Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ohm meter battery

Mark Zacharias wrote:
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
wrote in message

As much as I like keeping things original, I'm worried that
the battery is going to leak and rot the inside of the unit.

Only if you use a carbon-zinc cell. An alkaline cell should be fine.

Sadly, I see corrosion, often severe, with alkaline types as well.

Ditto. The batteries just leaked in my p-touch printer and the gunk
weakened the battery terminals causing some to just break off where they
were bent to act as springs. The cells were energizer, and not the fake
ones from the dollar store.

high drain devices always seem more prone to leakage for some reason.