Posted to sci.electronics.repair
OldGuy OldGuy is offline

Default ohm meter battery

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:16:03 AM UTC-4, wrote:
That's correct. I've seen Energizer's and Duracell's leak. In fact I've found
that Rayovac's, (the Batteries Plus house brand) are one of the worst. And
along with the current crop of crap out there I find it very interesting that
it's been many years since I've seen the "leak proof" guarantee printed on
the batteries, and have gotten a free flashlight, or "other device" replaced
because a battery leaked and ruined it. I suspect that they didn't just
"forget" to put that guarantee on there....

I think that I'll try that idea of measuring the current. I suppose that I
can use the chassis with an insulator as a heat sink if I determine that the
device doesn't have to dissipate that much extra current. Lenny

Duracell is just as bad as any other.
Expensive Mamiya camera motor drive corroded, flashlight ruined, Nikon
flash corroded, etc (as they say much much more) ...
Also true for 9V duracells. They all leak! corrode!
Impossible to clean!
I had to grind off corrosion with a diamond tip rotary tool where I
could get at it. The flashlight was a total loss since I could not get
the batteries out!
no solvent worked!
Tried CLR, straight white vinegar, etc.