Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Nasa Study the demise of civilisation...

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:11:36 AM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/environme...udy-scientists -- Jeff

From the link:
It finds that according to the historical record even advanced, complex civilisations are susceptible to collapse, raising questions about the sustainability of modern civilisation:

"The fall of the Roman Empire, and the equally (if not more) advanced Han, Mauryan, and Gupta Empires, as well as so many advanced Mesopotamian Empires, are all testimony to the fact that advanced, sophisticated, complex, and creative civilizations can be both fragile and impermanent."

It wasn't the average people or industry, of those civilizations, that caused the demises, but the currupt and idiot leaders that was the root cause of the direction the societies were led into, .... just as our idiot leaders are doing today? People, as a whole, can usually manage their own systems, in coordination with themselves. Ignorant (and greedy) leadership is what causes the problems.

But no worry. According to other armchair experts, a big-ass meteorite will do in today's civilization(s), before our esteemed leaders do.

Sonny