Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default wierd grading on Columbia Birch.. Made in USA says ON-GRADE

On 3/20/2014 9:10 AM, woodchucker wrote:
On 3/20/2014 1:01 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Maybe a missing "C" as on con grade for construction? Just my wild ass
guess.

Larry

So one face looks like an A face, the other a C face..
But ON???

Seems like a reasonable guess from the letters but looking at the stamp
on the picture doesn't look like the chance of anything being missing is
high since it's so clear over the entire edge so I doubt that's the answer.

Did you try the "contact us" link to ask Columbia directly? Since they
have so many specialty products it's likely got a meaning specific to
them would be my guess.