Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ohm meter battery

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
.com...
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
wrote in message

As much as I like keeping things original, I'm worried that
the battery is going to leak and rot the inside of the unit.

Only if you use a carbon-zinc cell. An alkaline cell should be fine.

Sadly, I see corrosion, often severe, with alkaline types as well.

The cell needs to be checked periodically, regardless. The mess caused by
alkaline cells is /rarely/ severe, and can /almost/ always be cleaned up.
That from a lead-acid cell destroys the metal.

We've had the Duracell/Energizer argument before. I've never had trouble with
Energizers. The only alkalines I've ever had leak were Duracells. And those
were all AAs. I've never had Duracell C or D leak.