Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing sink drain gasket?

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 01:44:01 +0000, grannie good witch
wrote:

replying to postacct, grannie good witch wrote:
postacct wrote:

Anyone know of a website showing detailed step by step instructions to
guide someone with zero knowledge about this stuff on how to replace
the large sink-drain gasket that butts up against the bottom of a
kitchen sink? Water is leaking around the gasket which is warped and
separating from the bottom of the sink.
Thanks..

I have the same problem...nobody gives you a detailed list of tools.
Monkey wrench, slip wrench, locking pliers, slip joint pliers.....I am a
67 yr. old fix-it yourself retired lady but the instructions on each site
say something different!!! I'm going to home depot with a detailed drawing
and hope for the best.

Granny,

Looks like this: {print it an take it to HD)

http://www.sweethaven02.com/BldgConst/en51135a0013.gif

Also use plumber's putty on top - under the drain body flange.

YMMV