Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Canadian Household Net Worth Increased 44% between 2005-2012, US falls 40% Between 2007-2010

Per Bob F:

Which is exactly where we're headed if the repubs and their Koch brother
benefactors get their way.

My feeling has always been that a balance of power is essential.

Unions want to bleed the employers dry by not working and taking every
dime.

OTOH employers (at least corporate employers...) in their heart of
hearts want to work people 24-7, feed them just enough to get the right
amount of work out of them, and then sell the bodies for fertilizer.

Sanity lies somewhere in the middle and you need unions - however bad
they might be - to achieve that balance of power.

Otherwise we're going to continue on the long slide down that we're
already on.
--
Pete Cresswell