Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bendable plywood

On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:15:27 PM UTC-7, Gramps' shop wrote:
I'm making a base for a coffee table and my design thoughts are aiming at an S-shaped form. The form would be about an 8-inch sandwich The top is a large filch of white oak. Has anyone any experience with bendable plywood? I've found these folks online: http://www.kerfkore.com/ and there is a distributor close enough to warrant a visit.

I suppose I could kerf-cut my own, but ...

Larry

Kerfing sucks. Bendable ply is used all the time in cabinet shops. You need to build a frame for it to sit on because it is like a wet noodle. You can get ply that bends in the 4' direction or the 8' direction. I prefer the 8' direction because it is fun seeing guys try to carry it.

http://packardforestproducts.com/pro....gJX6L8eR.dpbs