Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] none@none.com is offline

Default Leon's Cabinets - Plus

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:45:38 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
I have considered the branding iron but see no advantage. My customers
know who I am. I seriously doubt than any one has sold any of my pieces
to some one that would want more. I simple leave them several business
cards. I think for the type work that I do the branding iron would be
more of an ego accessory. OTOH furniture with no signature mark screams
custom made.

Well, for many woodworkers, ego is involved or at least pride in one's
work. While many don't like to brag about their work, we all get a
sense of accomplishment when presenting what we've done. I do see your
point though. Besides, you don't need customers to compliment your
work, you've got us to do that for you.