Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mkr5000 mkr5000 is offline

Default Paint -- anyone else?

Just want to confirm some results -- wondering if anyone can back me up on this.

Aluminum part that I sanded for paint grab and cleaned with denatured alcohol.

I've tried a lot of paint techniques ranging from professional 2 part coatings, different primers etc but wanted something good for occasional use that I could get in a can.

(1) been priming with epoxy paint, let dry well and lightly sand to get smooth)
(2) 2nd coat, texture black

Ok, if you let dry for 30 days but here's what I recently did --

added another top coat of rustoleum ultra high temp black and baked in 250 oven for a few hours.

wow -- instant durability. (in a can, no less).

anyone else?