Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for cable, 2 coax with overall 3rd shield

On 3/18/2014 2:25 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
"amdx" wrote in message ...
On 3/18/2014 12:26 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:

Most cable dielectrics generate piezo voltages.

Ok, see if I can generate a not unreasonable amount
of piezo electricity.

All you have to do is attach the cable to a mic input, then strike the
cable against the edge of a table. Or hit it with a hammer. Almost any
zetz will do.

The first time I heard this was from the cables on a moving-coil
transformer. I was really surprised. I knew of piezoelectricity, but
didn't know that cable dielectrics could generate it.

I guess the point is some cable generates less piezoelectricity than
others. I would want less.
Mikek