Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking for cable, 2 coax with overall 3rd shield

"amdx" wrote in message ...
On 3/18/2014 12:26 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:

Most cable dielectrics generate piezo voltages.

Ok, see if I can generate a not unreasonable amount
of piezo electricity.

All you have to do is attach the cable to a mic input, then strike the cable
against the edge of a table. Or hit it with a hammer. Almost any zetz will do.

The first time I heard this was from the cables on a moving-coil transformer.
I was really surprised. I knew of piezoelectricity, but didn't know that cable
dielectrics could generate it.