Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for cable, 2 coax with overall 3rd shield

On 3/18/2014 9:49 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 18:26:11 -0700, amdx wrote:

...snip....

The use is the Boonton RF meter the cable carries DC voltage at low
voltages, as low as 1mV.
I'm still trying to find the right cable. I'd like to find something
commercial and cut a 25ft cable into 5 pieces and put ends on them.
Mikek

What's that thin little coax called RG-179, or such? about the size of
18Awg wire, put two together [they have insulation on the outside] using
tacky glue, then add a sleeve of cheap metal brading. Often made such
'custom' cables, work fine. You're not going into Production, right?
Just for your own needs.

I would like to build about 5 cables for now. I might just try some
microphone cable, then check to see if I can induce noise or generate
any piezo voltage.
Still in the market for the right cable though.
Mikek