Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another battery charger question

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:11:34 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Maybe when they saw me they realized we were ready for them, and
kept
going?

Right. It could happen. Tons of crimes are deflected by those who
just seem to be aware of their surroundings. Perps pass them by and
wait for the totally clueless. They're easier targets.

When I was stationed in New Jersey I spent many weekends wandering
around New York, including the Theatre District which was very seedy
before Disney leased the New Amsterdam and prompted Giuliani to clean
up Times Square. I dressed down until the hookers stopped calling to
me, and then could roam anywhere (outside Harlem) without being
bothered, with my camera in a brown paper bag. The few times I had to
pass through in uniform I attracted unwanted attention like fruit
attracts flies, in places around the Port Authority where I had
previously been invisible.
jsw