Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_16_] Stephen[_16_] is offline

Default PING TMH

On 14/03/2014 19:53, Nightjar wrote:
On 14/03/2014 13:52, Stephen wrote:
On 14/03/2014 12:48, Nightjar wrote:

Can you sign? If so, you could find you have a niche market you could
exploit and they would understand why you can't take phone calls.

I am unusual for someoone who is born profoundly deaf, I don't use sign
language at all..... I hear with hearing aids, listen, lipread and
speak....

Pity. It could have been a good USP for your business.

Colin Bignell

For various reasons which is beyond the remit of the newsgroup, deaf
adults are 4 times more likely to be unemployed compared to the hearing
population. Part of this reason is the cost of communication support
like sign language interpreters, unable to use a phone etc.

As a consequence, a greater proportion of these deaf adults will be on
disbaility or means tested benefits when compared to the hearing population.

I believe that for a handyman business to work, its worth targetting the
cash rich & time poort segment of the public.

People in reciept of benefits would struggle to qualify as cash rich &
time poor.........