Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default OT anybody know the 'light bulb' in this microwave?

On 3/17/2014 3:35 PM, RobertMacy wrote:
Got a 900W microwave from Oster, purchased at Walmart.

Model OGG1E903R
SN G1R1026E00697
built Sept 2012

The light bulb went out. Once it was out, couldn't even find where it is
mounted in there. I couldn't find any way to easily get in to look for
it, nor find any reference to what bulb to use.

Over weekend, customer service number was closed, so while at Walmart,
asked them. They opened up a unit and couldn't figure it out either.
Today called customer service number, very frustrating experience of
getting hung up on by automated systems and a myriad of stupid questions
and answers of how to diagnose problems yourself, like make sure it is
plugged in, or try another outlet, etc!

Finally, reached a person actual US citizen! who said that light bulb is
not for installation by non-approved repair personnel. Further they
don't even supply it as a part. Translates to no idea what the bulb is
either. Therefore, the WHOLE unit must be returned for service just to
replace the bulb!!! What is that $20+ in shipping to send back a $60
unit or so???

It's been a while since you shipped.
I used a box 24" x 15" x 15" weigh 32 lbs going from Fl to Ga.
Price was $34.00.
Try computing the actual cost with weight, size and zipcodes with UPS
or USPS and let us know.
Mikek
PS. on the USPS site they shock you with very high shipping prices and
then you find the dropdown box or the lower prices.