Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default OT anybody know the 'light bulb' in this microwave?

Got a 900W microwave from Oster, purchased at Walmart.

Model OGG1E903R
SN G1R1026E00697
built Sept 2012

The light bulb went out. Once it was out, couldn't even find where it is
mounted in there. I couldn't find any way to easily get in to look for it,
nor find any reference to what bulb to use.

Over weekend, customer service number was closed, so while at Walmart,
asked them. They opened up a unit and couldn't figure it out either. Today
called customer service number, very frustrating experience of getting
hung up on by automated systems and a myriad of stupid questions and
answers of how to diagnose problems yourself, like make sure it is plugged
in, or try another outlet, etc!

Finally, reached a person actual US citizen! who said that light bulb is
not for installation by non-approved repair personnel. Further they don't
even supply it as a part. Translates to no idea what the bulb is either.
Therefore, the WHOLE unit must be returned for service just to replace the
bulb!!! What is that $20+ in shipping to send back a $60 unit or so???

Ok, people, what is this bulb? Where can I get this bulb? and what are the
steps to change it myself?

PS: can't use video's ...am on sloooow dial up. Exact URL's work well,
most searches and general manufacturer websites not so good, either.