Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alternate ways of getting jobs done

On 3/17/2014 11:42 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/17/2014 08:47 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm from Wisconsin and large portions of the state are still pretty much
wilderness. People here are very good at improvising and doing for
themselves.

About 25 years ago I completely gutted my kitchen in order to remodel it.

Right at that time a friend of mine from the north woods decided he was
going to pay a visit and stay here for a few days with his wife and four
kids. (Three of the kids had never seen a city before.)

Anyway, my girl friend at that time freaked out and said that there was
no way we could have guests with our house in such disarray. (I was
doing the dishes in the basement washtubs)

I just laughed and told her none of our guests had even seen a completed
house in their lives.

Everyone had a great time.

We took them to the museum and little Missy did nothing but ride up and
down the escalator (after conquering her initial fear).

Little Arlo saw a spiral ramp for a parking structure and marveled at
the large silo. (To this day he's still embarrassed about it)

Your usenet reader makes it look like I wrote
all that. Anything can be done?

Nice that your friends enjoyed the visit,
and saw the car silo. Arlo wasn't that
far wrong.

--
..