Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bearing recs please

wrote:
I'm building an engraving spindle using a high speed bldc motor made
for a model airplane. Today I'll be testing the first iteration at
about 14,400 rpm. This is the highest speed my motors will go. If the
test goes OK I'll be buying higher speed motors and will need
bearings. My plan is to use ER8 collets in an ER8 holder that has a
10mm OD. So the ER8 holder will be the spindle. Which means the
bearings will have a 10mm ID and a max OD of 30mm in order to fit into
the spindle housing which will fit into a 1.5 ID tool holder. I think
what I want is a couple deep groove bearings. The axial and radial
loads will be small but the RPM so high that the dynamic load may be
high. I will try using the load calculator at the SKF website but
would also appreciate advice from folks here who do this kind of thing
and can steer me in the right direction. Even though the SKF website
has all sorts of great info I have been unable to find an SKF ball
bearing catalog online. I need this in order to plug the right SKF
part number into the bearing calculator.
Thanks,
Eric

Porter-Cable makes a belt drive offset base for this model router - 1:1
ratio , but you could gear it up or down .
http://www.portercable.com/products/...roductID=11106 And
they're relatively inexpensive .
--
Snag