Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT? strut in desk chair or kitchen chair

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:10:32 -0400, micky
wrote:

Maybe if you posted a link to a photo, I'd know what you are talking about.

I wrote what follows before I thought to google the particular part, and
way before I found out you could buy a universal replacment.
http://www.officereplacementparts.co...m-combination/

It says " Universal Gas Cylinder and Mechanism Combination

If your chair underside looks like the image above and you purchased
your chair from an office supply superstore, then our Universal Gas
Cylinder and Seat Mechanism Combo will very likely match up. "

It sounds like if you bought your chair at a better office supply store,
it wouldn't be made this way.

If "better" isn't the alternatitve to "superstore", what is?

The explanation is good but doesn't actually answr any of my qustions!