Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another battery charger question

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 00:54:20 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 11:12:28 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message
m...
On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 11:12:13 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message
news:15j8i99nmd6ks2s419nqtqfvna1203kdle@4ax. com...
On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 00:52:20 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message
news:ske7i99akdraa7oa03m424i36ps6uv7689@4a x.com...

I'm looking to the post-SHTF scenarios....

In that extreme case I think we would revert to armed roving bands
and
you might be better off joining one than being their prey. What
outdoorsman survival skills can you offer them?

Cook. I'll stay in the camp with the women. domg

Once you've had enough of their griping about the Call of Nature and
making you scrub the burnt pots with your handy chin hair you may
prefer to stay in the dump with the rats.

Hah! I have hardly any hair on my chinny chin chin, sir. Truth be
told, I'd try my damnedest to stay away from roving pillage gangs,
and
would kindly remove those who came close, as a public service.

Loads of fun. Are you intentionally avoiding the What-Ifs? When
the
terrorists finally start strafing us from inside our own country,
large areas will surely go down for long periods of time.

Sure, I'm ready, got my 20mm Oerlikon for when sharks cross-breed
with
flying fish and dive out of the sky like kamikazes. No damn buffalo
gonna roam in my home!

You're foolish to think we're safe here and now. It's only a matter
of time.

I know and have discussed preparedness with the area SWAT commander. I
may take the civilian self-defense class he teaches. Which side are
you on?

Read about the Provos in Belfast or the OAS in France to see what
might really happen in your scenario. Beirut and Sarajevo won't
happen
without strong armed forces on both sides. I was frequently on the
road in a lone US military vehicle during the Baader-Meinhof, Munich
Olympics period in Germany. They let us carry M-16s and .45s. That's
large part of why I preferred the inconspicuous VW.

Wow, I'll bet they even let you load those weapons with live ammo
way
back then, too. I wish that were still true (and I sure wouldn't
want
to be a guard at an embassy somewhere.) deep sigh

One of my assigned tasks was to stand outside the kaserne gate with a
camera during terrorist alerts and try to photograph their license
plate. Could I possibly have been a more obvious target?

Driving in city traffic with a loaded machine gun made me extremely
aware of how much trouble I could get into, and prompted me to
practice Situational Awareness without becoming tense, instead of
daydreaming.

http://www.itstactical.com/intellico...ognize-change/
"Over time, this becomes almost a background activity, requiring
little conscious thought."

I'm no longer on call 24/7 to fix something 200 miles away in an
unfamiliar foreign country. I carry a cell phone and business cards
of
all the local towing companies.

That's what I call Being Prepared! (How's the Egyptian weather?)

Occasionally crooks from Mass stray over the border and discover that
the pickings aren't as easy in NH, we are alert and ready for them.

jsw