Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Flight MH370 disaster - Some thoughts about telemetry, hijacking

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

Merely parroting it. So instead of actually trying to find out what
is happening they are just grabbing onto whatever flotsam and jetsam
wonders by as if it was actually news?

And this is news to you? (-: My J-prof said that news comes from person A
trying to harm person B through a journalist. It turned out for things like
Watergate, he was right. Mark Felt disliked Nixon for getting passed over
to head the FBI, hence he became Deep Throat.

At least Mark Felt had actual information and W&B took sometime
to look for backup material to corroborate. This seems to be just
putting stuff for the same of putting stuff out. There is no apparent
vetting of most of this which leads to all these whackadoodle theories.

The law of unintended consequences is quite a powerful one.

I am not sure that this really rises to that level.

In regards to a locked cabin door preventing the passengers from
overwhelming the hijackers instead of keeping the hijackers out?

No. At least to my mind you can't invoke law of unintendened
consequences without a line of similar occurrence (my fave discussion of
tax policy for instance). In this case it appears to be a one off that
is specific to this happenstance (of course assuming it actually
happened this way of which there is little or no real evidence just
bloviation on an international scale.

In the long run, I don't see much good coming out of the passengers taking
over the cockpit. It would probably cause the plane to crash sooner.

Don't have to be scared as long...

I still think
that is much more related to what is orders of magnitude more likely to
happen. This is a random occurance.

I think this is anything but random. Latest working theory: China wants to
"pacify" their Muslim extremists and what better way than to whip up a fury
about a suicidal Muslim pilot killing a plane load of innocent Chinese
people. This is the kind of operation spooks love. Very few but highly
trained people are involved, little chance of compromise, plausible
deniability and if push comes to shove, the bosses can always assassinate
the actors. How do you say "Jack Ruby" in Mandarin?

How do you say more unsubstantiated BS. Geez Louise we can't leave
any fanciful theory unturned? This is just getting sadder.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²